I am of two minds with this book. Parts of it I loved, others I hated. Let’s break it down:
- Dan Gillman is a jerk! I don’t know why that woman wants to give him a second chance. Really, I don’t. After all that lying and manipulating he did. But, then, this is the world of romantic fiction.
- I’ve never really liked Izzy Zanella. He’s always just rubbed me the wrong way. However, despite that, I can’t wait to see how it works out between him and Eden. Maybe he’s starting to grow on me.
- The Alyssa and Sam portion of the story was okay. At the beginning of the series, I was definitely on the Sam/Alyssa train, but, now, I think it’s too much about them, and not enough about everyone else.
- Jules and Robin. My absolute favorite couple in this series. Reading about Robin with Ash, I can’t help but wonder if there’s a baby in their future.
- Tony Vlachic and his significant other. The other characters are going to flip when they find out who Chickie is seeing. That is going to make for a wonderful story, which I hope takes center stage in an upcoming novel.
Hot Pursuit is an excellent transition from the whole Sophia/Decker/Dave triangle that’s been the focus, or sub-focus, of most of the recent books in the series, to what comes next.
In all honesty, I can’t say I loved this book, but I don’t really hate it, either. Mostly, it just made me long for the next book, which we probably won’t get until 2011. 😦
Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars