Bookwise, August was a pretty average month.
- Beach Trip by Cathy Holton – 4.25
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaimon – 4
- Now You See Her by Linda Howard – 3
- Lover Avenged by J. R. Ward – 4
- Heartbreaker by Diana Palmer – 2
- Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout – 3
- Loving a Lost Lord by Mary Jo Putney – 2.5
- The Moon Looked Down by Dorothy Garlock – 3
- One Foot in Eden by Ron Rash – 5
- Hot Pursuit by Suzanne Brockmann – 3.5
- The Things We Do For Love by Kristin Hannah – 3.75
- Burn by Linda Howard – unfinished
- The Lost Recipe for Happiness by Barbara O’Neal – 4.25
I also didn’t finish Hood by Stephen R. Lawhead and The Secret Scripture by Sebastian Barry. Hood just didn’t fit my mood at the time. It’s not a bad book. In fact, Mr. Lawhead’s Robin Hood “theory” is rather interesting. I’ll probably try it again. The Secret Scripture, I simply had to return to the library because it was due, but I’ll be sure to get it back in a few weeks so that I can finish it.