I set aside a few books this month. It was me and not the books. I was just in a kind of funk, I think. I’m not sure why I dumped any of the books I left unfinished this month. Maybe I’ll go back and try them again.
Even the latest Nora Roberts didn’t jerk me out of it. I ended up doing a lot of skimming through Black Hills. Maybe Ms. Roberts needs to cut down on quantity and get back to quality, because her last few books haven’t been all that great.
Despite all of this, I got quite a lot read this month.
- Saints at the River by Ron Rash – 4.75
- The Virgin Queen’s Daughter by Ella March Chase – unfinished
- The Manning Grooms by Debbie Macomber – 3
- The Treasure Keeper by Shana Abé – 3
- Heart of Gold by Jessica Bird – 3
- Speak No Evil by Allison Brennan – 2.75
- See No Evil by Allison Brennan – 3.25
- Fear No Evil by Allison Brennan – 3.25
- Sudden Death by Allison Brennan – 3
- I Can See You by Karen Rose – 4
- Daniel X: Watch the Skies by James Patterson and Ned Rust – 2.75
- The Healer by Sharon Sala – 2.75
- Tomorrow & Always by Barbara Bretton – 2.75
- The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant – 4
- The White Queen by Philippa Gregory – 4
- The Last Queen by C. W. Gortner – 4.25
- Practical Demonkeeping by Christopher Moore – 3.5
- 92 Pacific Boulevard by Debbie Macomber – 3
- Black Hills by Nora Roberts – 3
- House of Sand and Fog by Andre Dubus, III – unfinished (due to lack of time more than anything else)
- Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali – unfinished