Is it just me, or does a person’s IQ immediately drop about 20 points upon contracting the flu? Seriously. Last week, I was reading The Little Giant of Aberdeen County and enjoying it very much. Then, I got the flu. I swear I must have read the same page three or four times and still have no idea what it actually said. So, I put it aside and re-read a couple of Suzanne Brockmann’s Troubleshooters books, instead.
- The Women by T. C. Boyle – 4.5
- The Mountains of Saint Francis: Discovering the Geologic Events that Shaped Our Earth by Walter Alvarez – unfinished due to extreme boredom
- In the Company of the Courtesan by Sarah Dunant – 4.5
- Once and Always by Judith McNaught – 3
- Hot Pursuit by Suzanne Brockmann (reread)
- Gone Too Far by Suzanne Brockmann (reread)
I’m still not sure if I’ve read Once and Always before. Most of the deja vu vibe I kept getting was for the story, not the characters.
I’m almost done with the flu, or it’s almost done with me :), so I’ll continue The Little Giant where I left off later today or tomorrow.