Since it doesn’t appear as if I’m going to finish The Gargoyle tonight (I’m about 160 pages through and enjoying myself immensely), I’ll go ahead and post this.
November was a good reading month for me. I especially enjoyed Cleopatra’s Daughter, which surprised me given the subject matter. Sky Burial was also a surprise because if I isolated the actual story from the scenery it would have rated a 3. I ended the month with a quick re-read of a favorite from last year: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It was every bit as wonderful as it was last time, making me think even when it made me laugh.
- Cleopatra’s Daughter by Michelle Moran – 4
- The Murder of King Tut: The Plot to Kill the Child King by James Patterson – 3.5
- Bed of Roses by Nora Roberts – 3.5
- Seduction Becomes Her by Shirlee Busbee – 2.5
- The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker – 3.75
- Sky Burial: An Epic Love Story of Tibet by Xinran – 4
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows – re-read