Not a bad reading month, really. Best read was definitely Wolf Hall. I didn’t finish Revolutionary Road because it had to go back to the library. Eventually, I may give it another go when I have more time.
An Echo in the Bone was a disappointment, but I don’t know if that’s due to the book itself, or because it’s been so long since I’ve read the others that I’m missing the more subtle nuances.
Burning Shadows was a major improvement over A Dangerous Climate plot-wise, but some of the characters, namely the heroine, were underdeveloped.
I thought I was going to finish Her Fearful Symmetry, but the lights went out the other day during the ice storm so I only got in a few chapters.
- Say You’re One of Them by Uwem Akpan – 3.75
- Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates – DNF
- Fired Up by Jayne Ann Krentz – 4
- An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon – 3
- The Edge of Desire by Stephanie Laurens – 3.25
- Mastered by Love by Stephanie Laurens – 4
- Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel – 4.5
- The Tribe of Tiger: Cats and Their Culture by Elizabeth Marshall Thomas – 4
- Burning Shadows by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro – 4.25