Forever and a day ago, I posted on this blog that I was working on a 2400 x 2400 pixel kit called Ren Faire, but I never posted it. Why? Because my computer, now a not so fond memory, ate it. Not to mention, it took forever for it to process the commands I gave my graphics program. It took something like 5 minutes to apply a simple drop shadow. So, Ren Faire went on hold. In fact, I nearly forgot about it. Now, though, with the new computer, the lag time is nowhere near as bad, maybe 30 seconds. A minute, max. So, I tried it again. It’s not much, I’ll admit, but, still…
Ren Faire contains:
- 14 papers
- 6 frames
- 5 medieval roses (I was going for something similar to the roses of York and Lancaster)
- 7 brads
- 9 shields
- 1 jousting lance
- 1 quarter staff
- 1 alpha (uppercase and lowercase letters only)
A lot of fonts went into making this kit. For the alpha, I used Celtic MD Decorative with Drop Caps because I wanted a fancy, illuminated manuscript look for the capital letters. It can be downloaded at dafont.com. You can also get two of the fonts I used on the shields: Mediaeval Bats and Medieval Dingbats. I also used Heraldic and Christian Crosses on the shields. You can get those here. And CeltiCons and Celtic Patterns.
If any of you are interested in adding a knight in shining armor to your layouts, there is an excellent tutorial at Di’s Delights.
I apologize for the number of zip files in the download, but I remember all too well what it was like to have dial-up. It took something like 10 to 15 minutes to download a single file. So, I try to break up my kits into several small downloads. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this causes for those with faster connections.