- The Japanese Lover by Isabel Allende (their favorite) – Anything by Allende is worth a try and this one sounds really good.
- Little Victories: Perfect Rule for Imperfect Livinig by Jason Gay – Just reading the blurb at Goodreads made me smile.
- The Girl With Ghost Eyes by M. H. Boroson – I have a thing for weird books and a novel about a woman who can see the spirit world and talks to an eyeball she keeps in her pocket, it talks back, by the way, definitely qualifies.
- Dear Mr. You by Mary-Louise Parker – I also have a thing for the epistolary novel. Where’d You Go Bernodette?, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, The Divorce Papers. I loved them all. While this isn’t a novel, it sounds like it’ll be a great read.
- A Wild Swan: and Other Tales by Michael Cunningham – Because who doesn’t love fairy tales?